Friday, March 11, 2011

Yousuf Karsh: Portrait Photography






For my rotation I focused on candid and portrait photography using a digital camera. Working on this project made me curious about the techniques and works of other well known photographers. For this reason I decided to research a Yousuf Karsh, a well-known portrait photographer who's work really captivated me.

Brief Bio:
Yousuf Karsh became well known early on in his photography career however the major turning point to a more globally common name was when he photographed Winston Churchill. This image was a powerful symbol of how mighty and strong Britain was during the wartime. This image is one of his most well known works.

Image Highlights:
Yousuf's work was in black and white which also helped bring a dramatic quality to his images. To help add different textures to his pictures he played with a mixture of blacks, whites, and greys.

No comments: